It was a busy week here at ARLnow as we finally unveiled the ARLnow Press Club.
Thank you to all who have signed up already, most of whom appear to be choosing the yearly option rather than the monthly. We greatly appreciate your support and trust in us.
It’s a major undertaking for our staff, which grew by one journalist in order to be able to launch the service. For those who have joined or will be joining, we look finding more ways to save you time, provide useful information, and generally make local living better.
Beyond the members-only newsletters, podcast and happy hour guide, the Press Club will allow us to expand our local news coverage on the website, which remains — and will forever remain — open to all.
Speaking of coverage, the top dozen most-read articles on the site this week are listed below.
- Arlington Woman Killed in Route 50 Crash
- Woman Robbed by Man With Gun Along Lee Highway
- Arlington Named ‘Fittest City’ in U.S., Again
- After Quiet June, Coronavirus Cases Starting to Rise in Arlington
- Construction Underway in Ballston to Turn Vacant Restaurant Into Spa
- Arlington PTA Leaders Consider Ways to Distribute Funding More Equitably
- Police Investigating Man’s Death Outside H-B Woodlawn
- County Daycare Facility to Close in August Ahead of Renovations
- Dittmar Looks to Use Furnished Apartments as Hotel Rooms
- ACPD Investigating More Break-ins at Arlington Forest Shopping Center
- Police Investigating Another Series of Gunshots in Green Valley
- Dominion Hills Swim, Dive Teams to Retire ‘Warriors’ Name
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Seven years after the initial rollout of Arlington Public Schools’ digital learning initiative, and after a year of heavier use due to distance-learning, opinions on tech in schools remain divided….
It’s overcast and muggy right now, but it could be stormy later today in Arlington.
Amid a rise in coronavirus cases, community leaders and the Arlington County Public Health Division are continuing to find ways to target particular demographics for which more outreach is needed….
One of the most successful real estate agents in the area is hosting this free in-person seminar on Monday. Wine and cheese are included.