The pandemic has brought tough times for many local business owners. In some cases, it’s driving them to try to sell their businesses.
Listing aggregator BizBuySell generally doesn’t name the business that’s for sale, but the descriptions in each listing provide some clues.
With the pandemic causing financial hardship for many small businesses, while prompting older owners to contemplate retirement, the list of businesses for sale has remained relatively long since the two times we checked in last year.
Below are some businesses that are currently listed in Arlington. Note that some listings may be for businesses that already closed and thus no longer active.
- Restaurant & Carry Out Fits Most Menus — $120,000 — “Fast casual Japanese restaurant for sale in Arlington VA. This restaurant currently serves Japanese food and sushi but can be converted to fit most menus/concepts. Located in a shopping center on a very busy road. The current owner is ready to retire. This can be a great opportunity for a new owner/operator to take this restaurant to the next level. PRICED TO SELL!!”
- Independent and Profitable Optician in NoVA — $685,000 — “Very well established optician in dynamic Arlington VA with decades of satisfied customers and an excellent reputation for providing professional service and high quality eyewear. Valuable referral network. Fully turnkey operation with Virginia Licensed Opticians on staff and a full finishing laboratory. Extensive frame inventory featuring dozens of luxury lines and classic brands to suit all needs.”
- Nails Salon-Arlington — $279,000 — “Nice, modern, contemporary designed nails salon available for sale in great area of Arlington. Located in right in the heart of retail district, restaurants, offices and residential apartments. Fronting and highly visible on major thoroughfare with heavy traffic and foot traffic. Walk to metro subway. Large database of customers exceeding 6,500. Room to grow. Low employee turn-over. Easy to attract nail artists due to location. Cost to build $450,000. Free garage parking.”
- Beer,Wine Mart with Gourmet Deli — $120,000 — “Fast growing prime Location. Currently under Poor Management. It has High potential if under right Management. Rent only $25.50/sqft.”
- Northern VA’s #1 Creamery and Dessert Shop! — $89,000 — “A unique, one of a kind, creamery and dessert shop. Located in a first class, shopping center in the Arlington, VA area. This award-winning, establishment, specializes in a unique, wonderful, hand-crafted ice cream from Thailand! Opened in 2017, in a first-class build-out, it could be an ideal concept to develop into franchising in the DC metro area.”
- Two Upscale & Modern Group Fitness Centers in Northern Virginia — $399,995 — “Great opportunity to own two top-rated and innovative group fitness centers that provide a proprietary group exercise program, personal training, and open gym services. The Arlington location was opened in 2017 and has established a large loyal client base, and the Alexandria location opened in October of 2020 in a new upscale mixed-use plaza. Each facility is outfitted with the latest cardio, strength training, and functional fitness equipment as well as wearable heart rate technology that can display on screens throughout the facility.”
- Ice Cream business in a high income area — $37,500 — “Unique and Very well established Ice Cream business in a very nice area surrounded by businesses and residentials. VERY high-income area with limited dessert choice. Seller’s initial investment was more than $350K about 2 years ago. High End Establishment. Great Reputation. Seller is looking for a experienced and passionate buyer who can utilize this business and location to make a very profitable business.”
- Asian Fusion-Carry Out Restaurant for Sale — $ 49,000 — “On the main road of Arlington county Asian Fusion Carry-Out for sale. Easy to change the menu to Pizza, Rotisserie, or Sushi Restaurant. 1500 sf. 16 seat capacity. 8 parking spaces. (4 in front,4 in the back) Big basement. Decent size kitchen. Walk-in cooler.12 feet hood in place. Pandemic forced to close this business but a great opportunity for other concepts. 5 years lease remaining and 1-5 year option. Low rent and good location is the key to success.”
- $3M Allstate Agency in Arlington, VA — $899,000 — “Established 20 plus year agency is located in a very desirable location. This $3M plus earned premium agency consistent of a preferred auto/homeowner customer base with excellent opportunity for growth in cross sales as well as life/financial services. Good potential to increase revenues through new & renewal commissions as well as performance bonus based on growth, retention, etc. Customer retention and loss ratio is great. This area has a heavy transfer in business which bodes well for this location.”
Want the VIP treatment for the region’s favorite social bike ride? Of course you do. DC Bike Ride invites riders of all ages and abilities to bike through 20 miles…
From a new Columbia Pike library to a dedicated pickleball court, County Manager Mark Schwartz’s proposed 10-year $3.9 billion capital improvement plan would fund projects across Arlington. The first 10-year…
Arlington is in the midst of a rash of vehicle-related crimes. In just the past three weeks or so, 28 cars have been stolen and 35 airbags have been stolen,…
After a relatively cool spring, the D.C. area is going to get a blast of mid-summer temperatures this weekend, and forecasters want residents to prepare. The National Weather Service has…