The pandemic has brought tough times for many local business owners. In some cases, it’s driving them to try to sell their businesses.
Listing aggregator BizBuySell generally doesn’t name the business that’s for sale, but the descriptions in each listing provide some clues.
With the pandemic causing financial hardship for many small businesses, while prompting older owners to contemplate retirement, the list of businesses for sale has remained relatively long since the two times we checked in last year.
Below are some businesses that are currently listed in Arlington. Note that some listings may be for businesses that already closed and thus no longer active.
- Restaurant & Carry Out Fits Most Menus — $120,000 — “Fast casual Japanese restaurant for sale in Arlington VA. This restaurant currently serves Japanese food and sushi but can be converted to fit most menus/concepts. Located in a shopping center on a very busy road. The current owner is ready to retire. This can be a great opportunity for a new owner/operator to take this restaurant to the next level. PRICED TO SELL!!”
- Independent and Profitable Optician in NoVA — $685,000 — “Very well established optician in dynamic Arlington VA with decades of satisfied customers and an excellent reputation for providing professional service and high quality eyewear. Valuable referral network. Fully turnkey operation with Virginia Licensed Opticians on staff and a full finishing laboratory. Extensive frame inventory featuring dozens of luxury lines and classic brands to suit all needs.”
- Nails Salon-Arlington — $279,000 — “Nice, modern, contemporary designed nails salon available for sale in great area of Arlington. Located in right in the heart of retail district, restaurants, offices and residential apartments. Fronting and highly visible on major thoroughfare with heavy traffic and foot traffic. Walk to metro subway. Large database of customers exceeding 6,500. Room to grow. Low employee turn-over. Easy to attract nail artists due to location. Cost to build $450,000. Free garage parking.”
- Beer,Wine Mart with Gourmet Deli — $120,000 — “Fast growing prime Location. Currently under Poor Management. It has High potential if under right Management. Rent only $25.50/sqft.”
- Northern VA’s #1 Creamery and Dessert Shop! — $89,000 — “A unique, one of a kind, creamery and dessert shop. Located in a first class, shopping center in the Arlington, VA area. This award-winning, establishment, specializes in a unique, wonderful, hand-crafted ice cream from Thailand! Opened in 2017, in a first-class build-out, it could be an ideal concept to develop into franchising in the DC metro area.”
- Two Upscale & Modern Group Fitness Centers in Northern Virginia — $399,995 — “Great opportunity to own two top-rated and innovative group fitness centers that provide a proprietary group exercise program, personal training, and open gym services. The Arlington location was opened in 2017 and has established a large loyal client base, and the Alexandria location opened in October of 2020 in a new upscale mixed-use plaza. Each facility is outfitted with the latest cardio, strength training, and functional fitness equipment as well as wearable heart rate technology that can display on screens throughout the facility.”
- Ice Cream business in a high income area — $37,500 — “Unique and Very well established Ice Cream business in a very nice area surrounded by businesses and residentials. VERY high-income area with limited dessert choice. Seller’s initial investment was more than $350K about 2 years ago. High End Establishment. Great Reputation. Seller is looking for a experienced and passionate buyer who can utilize this business and location to make a very profitable business.”
- Asian Fusion-Carry Out Restaurant for Sale — $ 49,000 — “On the main road of Arlington county Asian Fusion Carry-Out for sale. Easy to change the menu to Pizza, Rotisserie, or Sushi Restaurant. 1500 sf. 16 seat capacity. 8 parking spaces. (4 in front,4 in the back) Big basement. Decent size kitchen. Walk-in cooler.12 feet hood in place. Pandemic forced to close this business but a great opportunity for other concepts. 5 years lease remaining and 1-5 year option. Low rent and good location is the key to success.”
- $3M Allstate Agency in Arlington, VA — $899,000 — “Established 20 plus year agency is located in a very desirable location. This $3M plus earned premium agency consistent of a preferred auto/homeowner customer base with excellent opportunity for growth in cross sales as well as life/financial services. Good potential to increase revenues through new & renewal commissions as well as performance bonus based on growth, retention, etc. Customer retention and loss ratio is great. This area has a heavy transfer in business which bodes well for this location.”
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 16043 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
While last week‘s landmark zoning decision legalized 2-6 unit homes throughout Arlington’s lowest-density neighborhoods, about 136 properties will be ineligible for such projects. The exemption applies to certain 5,000-6,000 square-foot…
The “Markers Market” is coming back to Pentagon City, planned for the first Sunday of every month starting this weekend. The market featuring local artists, creators, food, and music is…
Police are investigating the death of a man found in a vehicle on a quiet residential street near Marymount University. Police say the man’s death “does not appear to be…
Synetic Theater Camps are a wildly fun, highly accessible choice for young people who love moving, playing games, and making memories. Registration is open now for Summer Camps (sessions June 20-August 25) and there are even a few spots left for Spring Break camp, April 3-7.
Located in National Landing, these performance-based camps are designed for students of all ages – no theater or performance experience required.
Led by professional teaching artists, campers learn acting, movement, and technical theater skills through the lens of Physical Theater. Physical Theater incorporates acting, movement, dance, mime, and acrobatics. If you’ve seen a Cirque du Soleil performance, you’ll find many similarities.
Most first-time campers are new to the performing arts, and teaching artists are well-versed in engaging students at all levels. Parents and campers report that one of the best parts of Synetic is the community, with many families returning year after year because they feel a strong sense of belonging.
EDBS Dental Billing Solutions is pleased to announce that it has achieved compliance with the federally mandated standards of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) through the use of Compliancy Group’s proprietary HIPAA methodology, The Guard® compliance tracking software, and HIPAA Seal of Compliance®.
The HIPAA Seal of Compliance is issued to organizations that have implemented an effective HIPAA compliance program through the use of The Guard, Compliancy Group’s proprietary compliance tracking solution.
Clients and patients are becoming more aware of the requirements of HIPAA compliance and how the regulation protects their personal information. Forward-thinking providers like EDBS Dental Billing Solutions choose the HIPAA Seal of Compliance to differentiate their services.
“Since the nature of our business being exclusively remote, we take HIPAA compliance very seriously. With the help of Compliancy Group, we are able to take steps to fortify our systems to protect PHI information and familiarize each employee about HIPAA and how we can further safeguard PHI data.” said EDBS Dental Billing Solutions founder Goldie De Leon.
WHS Spring Festival
Join us at the WHS Spring Festival on April 22, 2023, from 10am- 3pm at Wakefield High School(main parking lot). Come out to shop, play, and eat!
Shop local vendors, arts & crafts, new and used items, food vendors/trucks, and
District 27 Toastmasters 2023 Virtual Conference
District 27 Toastmasters invites you to its annual conference where you can hear phenomenal speakers, attend professional development and personal growth seminars about leadership, negotiation, communication, teamwork, and mentorship. Learn how to develop your personal story and how to improve