It’s been a hot, humid and rainy week and we can expect more of the same over the weekend and for the start of next week.
No wonder 68% of respondents to an ARLnow poll on Tuesday said they were ready for fall weather to start ASAP.
August weather in DC:
-Biblical flood evening
-Nice for five minutes
— Nick Morrow (@NRMorrow) August 26, 2021
Let’s forget about the miserable weather for a moment and take a look at the most-read articles of the past week.
- Thousands Lose Power After Strong Storm Rips Through Arlington
- Maison Cheryl in Clarendon Promises Chic Atmosphere for ‘Older Millennials’
- Five Arrested in D.C. After Armed Robbery in Pentagon City
- Numerous Residents Displaced After Fire at Crystal City Apartment Building
- Arlington Charities Helps Afghans Resettle in Northern Virginia
- What $750,000 Can Get You in Northern Virginia Real Estate
- Long Bridge Aquatics and Fitness Center Now Open
- Arlington Pet of the Week: Cthulhu
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased Outside Arlington Police HQ
- Peruvian Restaurant Inca Social Eyes October Opening in Rosslyn
Though she has mostly been focused on reporting on our Reston and Tysons sites, we’d like to take a moment to recognize the efforts of Hannah Foley, who has been interning with us since early this year. It’s Hannah’s last day here before she heads back to school. Thank you for your hard work!
Feel free to discuss the stories above or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying