Double, double toil and trouble; fillings stuffed in a crusty dough bubble.
Rogi’s in Ballston has Halloween treats baked, like Hogwarts pierogies and black cauldron cake.
Until Halloween (Saturday, Oct. 31), the dumpling-centric eatery is hosting a special line-up of colored lemon-cake-based treats around the four Hogwarts houses from Harry Potter, which sort of misses the Harry Potter zeitgeist by a couple years but is still endearing.
Rogi is also offering a “Boy Who Lived” pierogi stuffed with cheese, garlic, herbs and parsley. That and a “Sorting Hat” pierogi are each $9.99.
Rogi also has small devil’s food cakes styled as black cauldrons, complete with marshmallow filling, for $7.
More on the Halloween-themed offerings, from a press release:
Muggles can order the following online for delivery or in-person. Wizards may use the standard owl or fireplace delivery system. While supplies last.
- Black Cauldron Cakes: Devil’s Food Cake with Dark “Magic” Chocolate and Impossible Marshmallow Filling $7
- Sorting Hat Pierogi: Lemon Cake batter in Traditional Hogwarts House Colors. True to the actual “Sorting Hat,” we have no idea what House you will get! Served with Lemon Golden Snitch Curd. $9.99
- The Boy Who Lived Pierogi: Stretchy cheese with garlic, herbs and parsley will cast a powerful spell over whoever eats this pierogi. Eat a pierogi, destroy a Horcrux! $9.99
- DIY Magic Cocktail Kits: For both older wizards and younger wizards. Powders, potions and magic dust help create 3 different drinks that delight simple Muggles by changing color, sparkling and creating the perfect traditional Hogsmeade Butterbeer. Written in Fairie blood on an edible spell scroll, remember the recipes by eating the scroll! (Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages to mix not included. Each “Spell” will create 3-4 drinks, for 9-12 drinks total) $25
- Triple Chocolate Monster Cookies: A slight miscalculation by Chef/Wizard Ed brought these triple Chocolate cookies to life. Help us eat them before they eat us! 3 for $7
Rogi is open at the mall from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. daily.
Photo via Rogi/Facebook
Arlington County could start cracking down on speeding near schools and highway work zones with newly-allowed speed cameras. This weekend, the Arlington County Board is scheduled to set a public…
A warm afternoon will give way to strong winds and colder temperatures tonight. The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for Arlington, D.C. and surrounding areas, cautioning against…
The past month was supposed to be validation for David Peña and his taco eatery La Tingeria, a popular Arlington food truck. La Tingeria recently opened at 626 S. Washington…
This is my last column. Over the past two years, I’ve had the privilege of sharing my views about housing with you. I don’t know if I changed anyone’s mind, but I do know I stirred up some conversation.