If it’s shocking to you that it’s December already, you’re not alone.
Maybe it’s because fall seemed to be a mere extension of summer that then quickly transitioned to winter. Or maybe it’s continued remote work that makes the days blend together. Or maybe we’re all working harder than usual given the nationwide labor shortage.
Whatever it is, Christmas lights are proliferating, the first tiny snowflake have fallen, another bout of snow is in the forecast for this coming Wednesday. Bottom line: winter is here, believe it or not.
With that, here’s a look back at the most-read local stories of the past week.
- CarPool to open new Ballston location tomorrow
- Gunshots fired in Westover yesterday morning, police say
- Driver flees after striking and seriously injuring pedestrian near W&OD Trail crossing
- APS targets two overcrowded schools in latest boundary change proposal
- Peter’s Take: Arlington’s ‘Missing Middle’ housing morass
- Morning Poll: Should gas-powered leaf blowers be banned?
- Arlington resident dies in house fire in Augusta County
- ACPD: Officers assaulted by drunk men in Rosslyn, Crystal City and Pentagon City
- New pizza place moving in after former Clarendon late night spot Goody’s closes
- Seven years since debut, how’s the region’s first rapid bus transit system faring?
- An “Uncommon” restaurant is set to open in Clarendon early next year
- Ask Eli: Cost of new construction homes in Northern Virginia
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4.5 BA home with a wraparound deck and one car garage.
Update at 5:20 p.m. — Dominion is currently reporting 775 customers without power in Arlington, mostly in the Boulevard Manor, Arlington Forest, Douglas Park and Ashton Heights neighborhoods. It appears…
The ¡Viva Cultura! Festival is back for a second year this Saturday, August 13 celebrating Latino culture.
A new jewelry and gift boutique has moved into the former home of The Cookery in Shirlington. Diament Jewelry opened in mid-June, per a store employee. The shop first announced…
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
Signature Theatre just released single tickets for all 33rd season productions, which highlights the organization’s long-time relationship with legendary composer Stephen Sondheim. Beginning with the musical adaptation of The Color Purple and irreverent No Place to Go, the season continues with three Sondheim musicals, the DC premieres of Off-Broadway hit Which Way to the Stage and Pulitzer Prize finalist Selling Kabul, the Tony Award®-winning rock musical Passing Strange, and return of Signature’s cabaret series honoring legendary artists.
“Last November, the world lost an icon. The death of Stephen Sondheim was a blow to everyone in the theater community. Signature Theatre would not be the same without Sondheim — he IS Signature’s ‘signature.’ This season, we are honoring the legend with productions of Into the Woods, Pacific Overtures and Sweeney Todd dedicated to his memory. These shows represent the diversity and range of Sondheim,” said Signature’s Artistic Director Matthew Gardiner about the new season.
Are you ready to buy your first home, but concerned about saving for a down payment? Grab a drink and join us for 45 minutes to learn more about how you can buy your first house with 3%, 5%, or