If it’s shocking to you that it’s December already, you’re not alone.
Maybe it’s because fall seemed to be a mere extension of summer that then quickly transitioned to winter. Or maybe it’s continued remote work that makes the days blend together. Or maybe we’re all working harder than usual given the nationwide labor shortage.
Whatever it is, Christmas lights are proliferating, the first tiny snowflake have fallen, another bout of snow is in the forecast for this coming Wednesday. Bottom line: winter is here, believe it or not.
With that, here’s a look back at the most-read local stories of the past week.
- CarPool to open new Ballston location tomorrow
- Gunshots fired in Westover yesterday morning, police say
- Driver flees after striking and seriously injuring pedestrian near W&OD Trail crossing
- APS targets two overcrowded schools in latest boundary change proposal
- Peter’s Take: Arlington’s ‘Missing Middle’ housing morass
- Morning Poll: Should gas-powered leaf blowers be banned?
- Arlington resident dies in house fire in Augusta County
- ACPD: Officers assaulted by drunk men in Rosslyn, Crystal City and Pentagon City
- New pizza place moving in after former Clarendon late night spot Goody’s closes
- Seven years since debut, how’s the region’s first rapid bus transit system faring?
- An “Uncommon” restaurant is set to open in Clarendon early next year
- Ask Eli: Cost of new construction homes in Northern Virginia
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Learn how to maximize the home buying search from the Keri Shull Team’s seminar on January 24 at 6 p.m.
Attorney General Jason Miyares won’t be axing a state investigation into potential housing discrimination against residents of the Serrano Apartments launched under his predecessor. Early last week, the civil rights…
Covid-related staffing shortages are forcing Arlington libraries to shutter some services, including shutting down two branches this week. Cherrydale and Glencarlyn libraries will both be closed through Sunday (Jan. 23),…
The Ballston Business Improvement District is hosting a series of Washington Capitals watch parties as the local hockey team closes in on another playoff spot. Beginning this Thursday (Jan. 20),…