A line of “training” thunderstorms could lead to an extended period of heavy rain and flooding in Arlington and surrounding areas.
The National Weather Service just issued a Flood Warning for the area, in effect until 3 a.m.
848 PM EDT Wed Jun 22 2022
…FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM EDT THURSDAY…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…Portions of DC, central Maryland and northern Virginia, including the following counties: in DC, District of Columbia. In central Maryland, Montgomery and Prince Georges. In northern Virginia, Arlington, City of Alexandria, City of Falls Church and Fairfax.
* WHEN…Until 300 AM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 848 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the warned area. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain has fallen.
– Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1.5 inches are possible in the warned area.
– Some locations that will experience flooding include… Arlington… Alexandria… Bethesda… Annandale… College Park… Langley Park… Falls Church… Huntington… National Harbor… Rosslyn… Howard University… Fort Totten… Gallaudet University… Crystal City… Nationals Park… Reagan National Airport… RFK Stadium… Potomac… North Bethesda… Fairland…
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the dangers of flooding.
D.C., Arlington, Alexandria – we are many hours away from the end of the rain.
Probably until at least midnight. A whopping 140 miles more of downpours to go through.
This could bring flooding issues. 2 to 3 inches of rain possible, w/locally more not improbable. @FOX5DC pic.twitter.com/89kJvj6SS8
— Matthew Cappucci (@MatthewCappucci) June 23, 2022
9:10p: When we say storms are “training,” this is what we mean… pic.twitter.com/nVFVweUSpi
— Capital Weather Gang (@capitalweather) June 23, 2022
Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 4853 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
This past week saw 57 homes sold in Arlington. The least expensive condo, single-family home or townhouse sale over the past seven days was $169,000 while the most expensive was…
Arlington County has filed a response to the Missing Middle lawsuit against it. Ten residents are suing the county, arguing that the recently-passed zoning changes known as Missing Middle were approved illegally…
The westbound lanes of Columbia Pike are closed near Penrose Square due to a gas leak. It appears that a construction crew working in the roadway struck a gas line….
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,