Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 16, 2023.
- 9:30 am: Morning Poll: How much do you think Amazon HQ2 has actually changed Arlington? | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:30 am: Arlington to move forward with pickleball courts at Walter Reed after mulling a pause | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: New Thai restaurant to replace Meridian Pint in Dominion Hills | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:45 pm: Favola and Ebbin tapped to lead senate Democrats after party wins full control of statehouse | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:20 pm: NEW: County truck drives off bridge in local park | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: After several crashes, county fast-tracks intersection near Lubber Run Community Center for safety improvements | 🗣️ Comments
- 4:45 pm: Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Arlington (October 2023) | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Friday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:30 am: 60th Anniversary of the JFK Burial: A Commemorative Walking Tour
- 5:00 pm: Free Williams Corner Wine Tasting at The Brew Shop
- 5:30 pm: 🍁 Friendsgiving Feast for the Soul: Nourishing Partner Yoga
- 👉 6:00 pm: 50 First Dates x The Renegade: Speed Dating
- 6:30 pm: Portofino Wine Dinner-Pasqua Wines
- 6:30 pm: Art Night: Creative Painted Notecards for the Holidays at Art House 7
- 👉 8:00 pm: Standup Comedy Showcase Starring Patrice DeVeaux
🌤️ Friday’s forecast
Patchy fog is expected to clear by 9am, giving way to partly sunny conditions and a high near 69 degrees. South winds will range from 5 to 11 mph, with potential gusts up to 18 mph. Friday night, there is a slight chance of showers, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 52 degrees. South winds will decrease to 5 to 7 mph before becoming light and variable, and the chance of precipitation stands at 20%. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.”
– Jim Rohn
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Chances are you know someone who’s sick right now — if you’re not sick yourself. We’re in the thick of cold and flu season, and each is on the rise…
Flyover Planned Today — From Alert DC: “The US Military will conduct a flyover in the NCR, over Arlington National Cemetery on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at approximately 1:40 PM.”…
Just Reduced features a 7 BD/6 BA home with 10ft ceilings, a finished lower level rec room and over 5,000 sq. ft.
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Oversee program operations, including educational and community initiatives.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining trust and accountability.
Develop and execute a strategic vision aligned with our mission and values.
Lead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Board Members.
Cultivate relationships with community partners, schools, educators, and donors.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, fostering a positive organizational culture.
Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and make compelling public presentations.
Promote inclusivity and collaboration throughout the organization.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to