Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Nov 24, 2023.
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- JUST IN: Police investigating reported shooting along Langston Blvd (27434 views)
- Expect extra police on Arlington roads and Virginia highways this week (12929 views)
- Arlington County zeroes in on automated enforcement to tackle dangerous driving (7128 views)
- The ARLnow Shop is giving away some free shirts in Ballston starting… now (3271 views)
- Former Dunkin’ in Clarendon to become a Jersey Mike’s Subs shop (3207 views)
- Shirlington kicks off holiday season with tree lighting event next week (2867 views)
- Several Arlington Christmas tree markets to open Friday amid tree shortage (2356 views)
- Veteran and longtime Arlingtonian gets needed home repairs from volunteers (2075 views)
- Adoptable Pet of the Week: Neville (1999 views)
- Ballston Quarter to host charitable vending machines this holiday season (1904 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
The weather will be mostly sunny, reaching a high of around 43 degrees, with a light north wind at 6 mph, calming down in the afternoon. Tonight, expect increasing clouds and a low temperature of approximately 31 degrees, while the east wind at 5 mph subsides during the evening. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
– Nelson Mandela
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Take a tour of the Courthouse neighborhood and explore two local favorites of Sallie Seiy, your guide in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
The Arlington County Board and the Human Rights Commission are at odds over whether commissioners had the right to request an investigation into possible human and civil rights violations at…
Expanded renovated 4 BR 3 bath with garage in Cardinal Swanson Yorktown pyramid
The Potomac Roasting Company is a local micro-roaster specializing in artisan coffee. We precision roast high-quality specialty beans sourced from small farms in Latin America that are owned and operated by women. Your coffee will be roasted the way you want it and delivered fresh.
As two former Peace Corps volunteers who served in Guatemala, we founded Potomac Roasting to pursue our passion for great coffee and purpose-driven work. In addition to ethically sourcing our beans, we also donate a portion of our profits to Laila’s Legacy Animal Rescue, a DC-based nonprofit that finds homes for homeless dogs and cats.
Our current roasts come from prime coffee-producing regions of Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru. We will be adding new roasts soon. If you are local, there’s a good chance we can deliver to your door. Look for us at local farmers’ markets beginning this spring. In the meantime, check us out now for better coffee and good karma in a cup. You can use the code Community and save 10%.
🎉 Tonight, we invite you to the French Riviera, one of the most exciting places on earth – without ever boarding a plane! And celebrate Mardi Gras and the Carnival of Nice on French soil as we welcome you to a special evening at the Embassy of France!
From the elegance of classical French culture to the most celebrated Rivera nightlife of the 21st Century, experience a special evening of fantastic French food, wine, music, and ambiance.
Enjoy the flavors of Nice, Monaco, and St. Tropez in the beautiful and festive Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
🍽️ On the Menu: Delicious French food
Cody Chance and Dick Nathan of Long & Foster are hosting a free workshop on the topic of “down-sizing” at their office on Cherry Hill Rd. (formerly Lee Highway) in Arlington on Thursday, February 29 from 5:30PM-7:00PM.
Every great endeavor