At long last, Mother Nature is ready to let up a bit and offer Arlington its first pleasant weekend of the fall.
After a dreary week of rain, the forecast is looking quite promising indeed over the next few days — and that should be quite good news for bars and restaurants hurting from the past few weeks of wet weather.
Fortuitously, there are also plenty of outdoor events planned for this weekend around the county, from the Crystal City Oktoberfest to South Arlington’s ValleyFest. Check out our events calendar for a full look at what’s going on around Arlington.
And if you’re a bit behind on your reading, catch up on our most popular stories from the past week:
- Armed Robbers Invade Country Club Hills House
- Police: Woman Raped at Columbia Pike Apartment Building
- Original Bob and Edith’s Diner on Columbia Pike Listed for Sale
- Arlington Cyclist Killed in D.C.
- ACPD Arrests Nauck Shooting Suspects
Head down to the comments to discuss those stories, your weekend plans or anything else local.
Flickr pool photo via Michael Coffman