One of Arlington’s busiest restaurateurs is bringing a new fast-casual taco joint to Rosslyn.
Chef Mike Cordero plans to open “Taco Rock” in a space at 1501 Wilson Blvd, he announced today (Thursday). He’s targeting a May opening date for the new restaurant, taking the place of the long-shuttered Spinfire Pizza.
In a news release, Cordero’s company promises that the new eatery will feature “affordable, gourmet tacos” served on homemade, blue corn tortillas. Per the release, specialty taco options will include:
- The Figgy Piggy — Slow roasted pork with sweet and savory fig glaze
- Bourbon BBQ Short Rib — Short ribs with caramelized onions and crispy fried onions
- Pork Belly Banh Mi — Grilled pork belly, Vietnamese slaw and cilantro
- Ya Mon Caribbean Jerk Chicken — Grilled chicken, cabbage, jerk sauce topped with a mango pico de gallo
- TNT — Fresh blue fin tuna seared with seaweed and cucumber wasabi sauce
- Land & Sea — Skirt steak and beer-battered shrimp with caramelized onions and horseradish sauce
The menu will include breakfast offerings, homemade ice cream and stuffed churros as well.
Cordero also expects to offer “an extensive tequila bar,” with specialty cocktails and Mexican beers on tap too. The roughly 2,500-square-foot space will include an 18-stool bar and room for about 50 diners.
“Taco Rock offers the best of both worlds – upscale, out-of-the-box tacos without hurting your wallet,” Mike Cordero wrote in a statement. “We anticipate the Rosslyn community will deem Taco Rock as the go-to spot for a quick bite or the place to hang out and grab a tequila or beer.”
The restaurant will be Cordero’s ninth across the Northern Virginia area, and his first fast-casual establishment. It will sit adjacent to a Roti location and across the street from the neighborhood’s Target.
A person suffered serious injuries in what’s being described by police as a single-vehicle crash in Rosslyn.
Introducing Towngate North, a new condominium residence coming soon to Old Town North. Find rooftop terraces where you can relax and take in city views along the Potomac.
A Dominion Energy substation under renovation near Crystal City is set to electrify the neighborhood with an artistic façade. The energy provider is expanding and remodeling its substation at the…
The Right Note is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. The annual closeout process, or second round of spending, is upon us again. Tonight, the…