Arlington County is in the midst of a number of major projects, from road construction to new recreational facilities, and a newly-published county video provides updates on eight of those projects.
The projects included in the video on the Arlington TV YouTube channel include:
- Demolition along S. Clark Street in Crystal City to make a more open, and walkable streetscape
- Construction in Clarendon Circle to simplify and shrink the intersection between Wilson Blvd, Clarendon Blvd, and Washington Blvd
- Repaving a section of Washington Blvd in Westover and removing brick crosswalks
- “Green streets” improvements along 22nd Street N. to add gutters, curbs, and a rain garden, a project county staff said in the video should be completed later this month.
- Water main replacement under 1 mile of S. Arlington Ridge Road to increase water pressure for residents and first responders during emergencies.
- Re-building the Lubber Run Community Center, which is expected to open in 2021.
- Constructing the foundation of the long-awaited and controversial Long Bridge Aquatic & Fitness Center. But don’t hold your breath: staff says construction is still scheduled into 2021
- Converting the natural field at the baseball field in Gunston Park to synthetic turf.
“Note that these projects are all actively underway, so they might be further along now than they appear in the video,” a description below the video reads.