July turned to August this week, as life in Arlington slowed just a touch and there were signs that fall is beginning to approach.
Maybe you noticed a bit less traffic on the roads as summer vacations ramped up. Or the Oktoberfest beers on local store shelves.
We noticed a bit less news — one factor: fewer people around and no County Board meeting in August — but ultimately there was still plenty to report.
Here are the top 8 most-read articles in Arlington this week (excluding this one):
- ‘Good Company’ in Ballston Rakes in the Dough
- Roads Closed in Clarendon for Vice Presidential Visit
- Arlington County Fair to Include Beer Garden, Goat Yoga This Year
- Rebuilt Taco Bell Now Open on Lee Highway
- Committee: Amazon HQ2 Designs Are Colorful But Unambitious
- APS Names Interim Superintendent
- Maizal Opening Tomorrow at Ballston’s Quarter Market
- One More Page Books Holding Auction to Cover Rising Rent
Enjoy what should be a relatively pleasant weekend — there will only be three more before Labor Day weekend. Feel free to discuss the stories above or any other local topic of interest in the comments.