After a brief resurgence of sweltering summer, more fall-like weather is here, ahead of what should be a pretty nice weekend.
Despite a relatively slow second week of September, compared to the usual frenetic pace of things this time of year, there were a number of stories of note over the past five days.
Here were the most-read articles of the week:
- Amazon Holding ‘Career Day’ in Crystal City
- Hula Girl Closing in Shirlington
- Man Shot on Columbia Pike Early Thursday Morning
- Pedestrian Dies After Crash Near Nottingham Elementary
- Police Searching for Thieves Who Burglarized Home While Family Was Inside
- Opening Nears for New Harris Teeter Store on the Pike
- You May Be Able to Take Your Drink to Go Near HQ2
- As MONA Membership Grows, So Does Its Public Outreach
- An Indoor Running Studio Is Coming to Clarendon
Feel free to discuss those stories, your tales of Friday the 13th bad luck, or anything else of local interest in the comments below.
Arlington County could start cracking down on speeding near schools and highway work zones with newly-allowed speed cameras. This weekend, the Arlington County Board is scheduled to set a public…
A warm afternoon will give way to strong winds and colder temperatures tonight. The National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for Arlington, D.C. and surrounding areas, cautioning against…
The past month was supposed to be validation for David Peña and his taco eatery La Tingeria, a popular Arlington food truck. La Tingeria recently opened at 626 S. Washington…
This is my last column. Over the past two years, I’ve had the privilege of sharing my views about housing with you. I don’t know if I changed anyone’s mind, but I do know I stirred up some conversation.