It has been a cold week throughout which big national news is being made across the Potomac.
Here in Arlington, though, the biggest story might be the one-year anniversary of the Amazon HQ2 announcement, and all of the ramifications of Amazon’s arrival coming into clearer view. The economic benefits of HQ2 are becoming more tangible, but the urgency of the housing challenges — and pushback on the effects of population growth — seems to be increasing as well.
Here are the most-read articles on the week on ARLnow.com:
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ Highlights Lee Highway Taco Bell Drama
- Murder Suspect Found Dead in Arlington County Jail
- Public Meeting Planned for Possible Route 50 Changes
- Hurtt Locker: Christian Dorsey Scandal is Worse Than We Thought
- Arlington Public Schools Floating Pre-Labor Day School Start
- Arlington Agenda: November 11-17
- Coffee Shop Tip Jar Theft Turns Violent in Pentagon City
- Former Linda’s Cafe Building Torn Down on Lee Highway
- Woman Accused of Attacking Nannies in Lyon Park Due in Court
Feel free to discuss those or any other issues of local note in the comments. Also, it’s Airey’s last day, so if you’d like to wish her well, she’ll be reading the comments.
Have a nice weekend!