High-end D.C.-based fitness chain VIDA Fitness says its expansion into Arlington is just a couple of months away from coming to fruition.
VIDA announced today that it expects its new 29,000 square foot health club in Ballston to open in “mid to late March”
The club is located at the bottom of a new, 22-story mixed-use tower at 4040 Wilson Blvd. It will feature “over 100 state-of-the-art machines, 25 personal trainers and other high-end amenities,” as well as a spa, spin studio, “Fuel Bar” and co-working area.
The Ballston gym will be the brand’s first non-D.C. location, but it’s not the only facility VIDA, an ARLnow advertiser, has planned in Arlington. A second location, at the new “Highlands” development in western Rosslyn, is now expected to open in 2021, according to VIDA.
More from a press release:
The 29K SF premier health club facility, conveniently located next to Ballston Quarter and the Ballston Metro, will consist of three levels and will feature the lifestyle centers affiliate companies such as SweatBox, Aura Spa, and Fuel Bar.
Some of the highlights of the new location includes:
- Over 100 state-of-the-art machines, 25 personal trainers and other high-end amenities;
- A weight room with the latest equipment for strength work, including extensive free weights, an open layout for endless stretching;
- Second-floor level dedicated to group fitness classes which includes yoga, pilates, barre, Zumba, Body Pump and more;
- Aura Spa where members can indulge in one of the many signature treatments such as facials, massages, waxing, body scrubs, as well as CBD oil and cupping treatments;
- Sweat Box – newest and most innovative workouts featuring jam-packed cardio and strength interval training;
- A spin studio featuring 30 brand new coach by color bikes which allow you to set your bike based on your fitness level and get a personalized challenge in a fun, interactive class;
- Luxury locker rooms featuring modern and luxury amenities, plus steam and sauna rooms;
- Co-working area for members located by the Fuel Bar who need to take care of a little work before or after their workout session;
- Complementary events and happy hours for members
“In our search for new locations, Ballston is a perfect fit”, said David von Storch, President, and Founder of Urban Adventure Companies. “It’s an active, health-oriented, well-educated submarket that we think will respond well to what we offer. We want to make sure that we open in locations where we believe that we can foster a new sense of community for those committed to fitness and wellness as an important part of how they live. We are excited to expand what we offer to this neighborhood. Ballston, we’re are all in!”
VIDA Fitness worked with leading architecture firm OTJ Architects on the Ballston design. The Ballston location is scheduled to open mid to late March. VIDA Fitness is also planning to open its second Northern Virginia location in Rosslyn in 2021.
Individuals interested in becoming a member or want to learn about upcoming pre-opening community events can visit VIDABallston.com for more information. The location is also planning a community Open House in early April.
The University of Virginia is expanding its footprint in Northern Virginia, including its Rosslyn campus. The university currently operates a satellite location of its Darden School of Business in the…
A local park with a popular playground keeps getting vandalized, this time with obscene language and drawings.
From flash floods in Arlington to wildfires on the West Coast, climate change is an increasing threat to life and property. This is not a future problem, but a current crisis. We have only a few years to reverse human-made emissions.
Plans from a local affordable housing nonprofit to redevelop apartments in the Fort Myer Heights neighborhood, near Rosslyn are ready for county and public review.