The weekend is here. That is a phrase that used to mean something, but these days the weekend isn’t as different from the rest of the week.
There’s not as much to do, for one. But more so, it just doesn’t feel as different for those who are working from home. That’s doubly true if you have kids, and the weekend is only a slightly less stressful version of the work week — blending together in a 2020 stew of nonstop activity and frequent anxiety.
Anyhow, here are the most-read articles of the week:
- Wakefield Graduate And Former Varsity Quarterback Dies At 20
- Arlington Records New Summer Peak in COVID-19 Cases
- Arlington’s Charlie Clark Takes County Back to 1959 With Restored 8mm Footage
- Police Investigating Armed Robbery at Ballston Gas Station
- Police: Drunk, Naked Man Tased Twice on Lee Highway
- Arlington Restaurants Participating in ‘Restaurant Week’ Starting Today
- Arlington Man Accused of Grabbing Girl
- Just Reduced Properties in Arlington
- Majority Of Arlington Private Schools Will Make In-Person Return
- Sloppy Mama’s BBQ Starts Serving Breakfast
- Ballston &pizza Open Again, But More Closures Coming for ‘Operational Changes’
- Neighborhood Spotlight: 5 Great Spots for Brunch, Drinks and More
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
Photo courtesy Peter Roof/Alt Gobo MediaWorks
Get inspired around a campfire to imagine and act to create a climate-solved future February 12 with hot chocolate and s’mores.
A 5 BD/5 BA home located at 6301 23rd Street N. with a private den and expansive yard is Today’s Listing of the Day.
This week was yet another filled with plenty of news about snow, but unlike previous January weeks not a lot of actual snow. Using its last traditional snow day allotment,…
The Diocese of Arlington is advising Catholic schools to follow Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s (R) executive order exempting families from school-based mask mandates. One of Youngkin’s first acts in office was…