For much the this week, the sun was obscured behind a haze of smoke wafting in from the West Coast wildfires.
As the week has gone on, the haze has dissipated. Despite the calamities the world has faced this year, it is good to know that, with due time, the sun will always come back out eventually.
Here are the most-read articles this week on ARLnow:
- County Board Votes to Discontinue Sidewalk Crowding Ordinance
- French Pastry Shop Now Open in Rosslyn
- Purple Lounge Back in Business After Liquor License Restored
- New Rosslyn Development Marks Construction Milestone
- County Board Expresses Support for Changing County Logo
- Board Approves Gun Ban in County Buildings and Parks
- Neighborhood Spotlight: The Best Tacos in Arlington
- First Day of Early Voting Attracts Long Line in Arlington
- County Board OKs New $14 Million, Amazon-Funded Park in Pentagon City
To all who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah – May you and your family have a happy and healthy New Year filled with peace, hope, and love!!
L'Shanah Tovah to all pic.twitter.com/mP72yVPoJL
— Alfonso Lopez (@Lopez4VA) September 18, 2020
Also: RIP summer of 2020. Hello, fall.
Feel free to discuss any of the above, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying