For much the this week, the sun was obscured behind a haze of smoke wafting in from the West Coast wildfires.
As the week has gone on, the haze has dissipated. Despite the calamities the world has faced this year, it is good to know that, with due time, the sun will always come back out eventually.
Here are the most-read articles this week on ARLnow:
- County Board Votes to Discontinue Sidewalk Crowding Ordinance
- French Pastry Shop Now Open in Rosslyn
- Purple Lounge Back in Business After Liquor License Restored
- New Rosslyn Development Marks Construction Milestone
- County Board Expresses Support for Changing County Logo
- Board Approves Gun Ban in County Buildings and Parks
- Neighborhood Spotlight: The Best Tacos in Arlington
- First Day of Early Voting Attracts Long Line in Arlington
- County Board OKs New $14 Million, Amazon-Funded Park in Pentagon City
To all who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah – May you and your family have a happy and healthy New Year filled with peace, hope, and love!!
L'Shanah Tovah to all pic.twitter.com/mP72yVPoJL
— Alfonso Lopez (@Lopez4VA) September 18, 2020
Also: RIP summer of 2020. Hello, fall.
Feel free to discuss any of the above, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!