It’s a soggy start to what should be at least a half-decent weather weekend.
The past five days haven’t been the busiest for Arlington local news, but there still have been some big stories nonetheless. Below are the most-read ARLnow articles of the past week.
- Police: Woman Danced on Car, Exposed Herself in Crystal City
- New Ballston Restaurant Aims for May 1 Opening Day
- Arlington Is Entering Vaccination Phase 1C
- State Sending More Vaccine to Arlington, County Says
- Developer Proposes New Retail Plaza in Crystal City
- Crystal City Water Park Getting ‘Sip and Stroll’ Alcohol Permit
- First Lady Jill Biden is Visiting Arlington
- Updated Stormwater Regs Could Add Cost, Aboveground Tanks to New Homes
- Morning Poll: Metro on Columbia Pike?
- What’s Next: An Ode to Whitlow’s
Feel free to discuss those stories, or anything else of local interest, in the comments. Have a great weekend, Arlington!
A soggy weekend is on tap after an otherwise pretty nice final week of September. Obviously this week’s big story was the devastation in Florida, the huge scale of which…
Share your input on the Arlington Forestry and Natural Resources Plan by October 3.
A proposed bridge for bicyclists and pedestrians between Crystal City and the Southwest Waterfront area of D.C. has received $20 million in federal funding to move forward. When complete, the…
A 3 BD/2 BA condo with views of the Washington Monument and a freshly painted 4 BD/2 BA home is included in Home Hunt Highlights.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker