It wasn’t the busiest of weeks for local news in Arlington, but this evening’s windstorm was a chaotic coda.
As this post publishes (late) there are about 600 Dominion customers still without power, down from a peak of more than 6,000. Trees and tree branches were reported down throughout Arlington after the storm
Aside from the wind, the big story of this week was about the finalists for the new Arlington County logo.
Here are the most-read ARLnow articles of the past five days:
- County Reveals Five Finalists for New Arlington Logo
- Here Are Some of the Rejected Arlington Logo Designs
- The Crossing Clarendon Has a New Name and May Be Getting a New Pedestrian Plaza
- Arlington Man Dies After Early Morning Crash Along Washington Blvd
- Morning Poll: Which Proposed County Logo Do You Like the Best?
- Sketches Show Proposed New YMCA Facility and Apartments in Va. Square
- East Fall Church Metro Station’s Nearly Empty Bike Facility Seen as COVID-19 Symptom
- Trees, Power Lines Down After Line of Strong Winds
Feel free to discuss those or any other local story of interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!