It has been a slow week readership-wise on ARLnow, but we still had plenty to write about.
The big news of the week, of course, is Whitlow’s closing. The long-time Clarendon watering hole will be throwing one last bash on Saturday before locking the doors. We hope they are able to find a new location soon — Arlington is a better place with a place like Whitlow’s than without.
With that bit of editorializing, here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Whitlow’s Is Being Auctioned Off, Piece by Piece
- Someone Is Deflating SUV Tires in North Arlington
- Whitlow’s Is Closing Next Week and Throwing Itself a Going-Away Party
- Video: Car Fire Blocks Part of Columbia Pike
- Ballston Church Set for Demolition Auctioning Off Everything from Bibles to an Organ
- Pike Businesses Leaving Due to Parking Challenges at County-Financed Garage
- Making Room: The Clock Starts Now to Preserve Affordable Housing in Ballston
- Commonwealth’s Attorney: Organized Carjackings Require Organized Response
- Steadfast Supply in Ballston Closing This Week
- ACPD Investigating Car-Buying Fraud
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington!
The Arlington branch of the NAACP has come out in support of the county’s Missing Middle Housing Study draft framework.
Primary and urgent veterinary care clinic Bond Vet and dog daycare and boarding facility District Dogs are set to open locations in Clarendon in June. Both businesses are coming to…
A particularly sharp bend in the GW Parkway near Key Bridge has claimed another vehicular victim An SUV overturned in the southbound lanes around 1:15 p.m., blocking all lanes and…
There has been a modest, but noticeable drop in the intensity of demand and buyer activity over the last 3-4 weeks.