It has been a slow week readership-wise on ARLnow, but we still had plenty to write about.
The big news of the week, of course, is Whitlow’s closing. The long-time Clarendon watering hole will be throwing one last bash on Saturday before locking the doors. We hope they are able to find a new location soon — Arlington is a better place with a place like Whitlow’s than without.
With that bit of editorializing, here are the most-read articles of the past week:
- Whitlow’s Is Being Auctioned Off, Piece by Piece
- Someone Is Deflating SUV Tires in North Arlington
- Whitlow’s Is Closing Next Week and Throwing Itself a Going-Away Party
- Video: Car Fire Blocks Part of Columbia Pike
- Ballston Church Set for Demolition Auctioning Off Everything from Bibles to an Organ
- Pike Businesses Leaving Due to Parking Challenges at County-Financed Garage
- Making Room: The Clock Starts Now to Preserve Affordable Housing in Ballston
- Commonwealth’s Attorney: Organized Carjackings Require Organized Response
- Steadfast Supply in Ballston Closing This Week
- ACPD Investigating Car-Buying Fraud
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington!
Reducing local helicopter noise while conducting missions safely may be difficult, the Pentagon says, but the military is willing to try, according to a new report. The commitment and the…
Last year, Americans were inundated with millions of political calls. Texting technologies added to the deluge: 2.72 billion political text messages were sent in September 2020 alone.
Arlingtonian Victoria Virasingh has thrown her hat into the ring to challenge Rep. Don Beyer for the 8th District Democratic primary next year. Beyer has held onto the 8th District,…
Sponsored by Monday Properties and written by ARLnow, Startup Monday is a weekly column that profiles Arlington-based startups, founders, and other local technology news. Monday Properties is proudly featuring 1515 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn. Ballston startup GoTab, which…