(Updated at 6 p.m.) It’s a Friday afternoon and the start of what promises to be a gorgeous, basically perfect early fall weekend.
Here’s wishing lots of sunshine and quality time out of the house for our readers over the next couple of days.
If you are headed out tonight to grab dinner, there is a possible restaurant closure to be aware of.
Portabellos, the Langston Blvd (formerly Lee Highway) restaurant, was set to close tomorrow. But a Nextdoor post from the owner, since deleted, said that that landlord locked him and the restaurant out today. Police were also dispatched to the restaurant earlier today for a report of an escalating dispute between the owner and the landlord, according to scanner traffic. The restaurant’s phone line was disconnected and we were unable to reach the owner to see whether Portabellos would get its last hurrah or not.
Separately, the phone line at Dama on Columbia Pike rings to a perpetual busy signal, after its kitchen fire yesterday, but we’re now told the pastry shop and Ethiopian restaurant is open “with normal operations.”
Now, without further ado, here are the most-read ARLnow articles of the past week.
- Viral Video Shows Marines Helping Stranded Driver During Thursday’s Flooding
- Marine Corps Marathon Canceled Again
- Police Ask for Help Finding Fugitive Accused of Clarendon Stabbing
- Morning Poll: What Do You Think of the New County Logo?
- Arlington Firefighters Are Also Sounding the Alarm on Pay
- Rider Fell onto Tracks While Walking Between Metro Trains in May
- Arlington Sees Sustained Drop in Covid Cases
- County Board Adopts Plastic Bag Tax, Joining Fairfax County and Alexandria
- What $500,000 Can Get You in Northern Virginia Real Estate
- Does the ‘Missing Middle Housing Study’ Need a New Name?
- ACPD and Dept. of Human Services Plead for Funding Boost Amid Staff Exodus
- APS Staff Say Virtual Learning Program Needs ‘Drastic’ Improvements
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
Today’s Listing of the Day features a 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,000 square feet of living space and a hands-free kitchen faucet.
The Pike, a large-scale work of public art, is finally being installed this week at the southwest corner of Columbia Pike and S. Jefferson Street, near the county line bordering…
A man armed with a hammer smashed and stole from a jewelry store in the Pentagon City mall Thursday morning. Arlington County police say they were dispatched to the 1100…
The Arlington Firefly Festival is returning to Fort C.F. Smith Park next month. On Sunday, June 19, the festival celebrating insects that light up summer nights is back for the…