(Updated at 6 p.m.) It’s a Friday afternoon and the start of what promises to be a gorgeous, basically perfect early fall weekend.
Here’s wishing lots of sunshine and quality time out of the house for our readers over the next couple of days.
If you are headed out tonight to grab dinner, there is a possible restaurant closure to be aware of.
Portabellos, the Langston Blvd (formerly Lee Highway) restaurant, was set to close tomorrow. But a Nextdoor post from the owner, since deleted, said that that landlord locked him and the restaurant out today. Police were also dispatched to the restaurant earlier today for a report of an escalating dispute between the owner and the landlord, according to scanner traffic. The restaurant’s phone line was disconnected and we were unable to reach the owner to see whether Portabellos would get its last hurrah or not.
Separately, the phone line at Dama on Columbia Pike rings to a perpetual busy signal, after its kitchen fire yesterday, but we’re now told the pastry shop and Ethiopian restaurant is open “with normal operations.”
Now, without further ado, here are the most-read ARLnow articles of the past week.
- Viral Video Shows Marines Helping Stranded Driver During Thursday’s Flooding
- Marine Corps Marathon Canceled Again
- Police Ask for Help Finding Fugitive Accused of Clarendon Stabbing
- Morning Poll: What Do You Think of the New County Logo?
- Arlington Firefighters Are Also Sounding the Alarm on Pay
- Rider Fell onto Tracks While Walking Between Metro Trains in May
- Arlington Sees Sustained Drop in Covid Cases
- County Board Adopts Plastic Bag Tax, Joining Fairfax County and Alexandria
- What $500,000 Can Get You in Northern Virginia Real Estate
- Does the ‘Missing Middle Housing Study’ Need a New Name?
- ACPD and Dept. of Human Services Plead for Funding Boost Amid Staff Exodus
- APS Staff Say Virtual Learning Program Needs ‘Drastic’ Improvements
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a great weekend!
Discover how to save energy and receive a free energy conservation kit in the latest Rethink Energy.
It was a busy news week in Arlington, and next week — with County Board meetings on tap today and Tuesday — should stay busy. For those who have been…
Tucked away in an Arlington County storage facility is a shattered Tiffany Studios stained glass window of Jesus Christ in the act of blessing those who gaze on him. For…
Dropping nearly 40 feet from a platform above, a climber cut the ribbon on the “finest ropes course in the Mid-Atlantic.” Located at Upton Hill Regional Park on Wilson Blvd…