The weekend is here and it promises to be cloudy, warmer than usual for mid-October, and not as rainy as initially expected.
We’ll take it.
This past week was another one that started out slow but got considerably busier as the week went on. Here’s a look at the most-read articles of this week:
- W-L Evacuated, School Cancelled Over Shooter Claim
- Arlington Native Brittany O’Grady Talks About Her Role in HBO’s ‘The White Lotus’
- Is the ‘Arlington Way’ Too Narrow to Include All Residents? Some Say ‘Yes’
- Man Arrested After Rifle Found in Stolen Car Near School
- Construction Starting on New Outdoor Cafe and Bar in Clarendon
- Major Redevelopments Slated for County Board Vote by July 2022
- County Jail Inmate Dies After Being Taken to Hospital
- One Arrested After Robberies in Clarendon and Crystal City
- Separate Cycling, Walking Paths Could Come to W&OD Trail in Arlington
- Most Expensive Arlington Homes Sold in September
- Inside Soon-To-Be-Demolished Arlington’s Inner Ear Studios
- Inova Urgent Care Center Closes Temporarily
Feel free to discuss those stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend, Arlington!
The Barnes & Noble store in Clarendon was the scene of an alleged armed robbery today. Police responded around noon to the bookstore at 2800 Clarendon Blvd, in The Crossing…
The Arlington County Fire Department is reviving a door logo last seen on county vehicles more than 50 years ago. At the same time, the department is gradually upgrading its vehicles…
Statutes of Liberty discusses how the DACA program came to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Clarendon’s Maison Cheryl says it is not closing for good but rather undergoing a “fall refresh.” Over the last week, ARLnow has received several emails from readers asking whether the…
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Join us as we explore Vini Franchetti & their two sister vineyards Passopisciaro (Sicily) and Vini Franchetti (Tuscany) for our Sicily/Tuscany Wine Dinner!
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 6pm
Special Guest: This wine dinner we will be hosting the wine maker