Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 8256 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Mar 10, 2023.
- Gunston Middle School locked down due to “written threat”
- Morning Notes
- NEW: Police investigating carjacking in Pentagon City
- Firefighters rescue person struck by a Metro train in Crystal City
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Scoop: Courthouse Taco Bell Cantina to open next week (12048 views)
- Arlington Planning Commission gives thumbs up to ‘Missing Middle’ zoning changes (9467 views)
- Serving since 1988, El Pollo Rico continues to please (8063 views)
- Morning Poll: After last night’s Colbert segment, pick a position on pickleball (6413 views)
- NEW: State police investigating fatal crash in Arlington (5930 views)
- JUST IN: Smoke at Clarendon Metro station prompts large emergency response (5418 views)
- Ballston area pet store appears to be closing later this year (4903 views)
- Plans for RiverHouse come into focus as residents call for more infrastructure upgrades (4314 views)
- Demolition day nears for RCA building in Rosslyn (3367 views)
- ACPD: Person shot in Pentagon City after neighbor’s gun cleaning accident (3196 views)
- EXCLUSIVE: Some builders and business owners say Arlington’s new permit system is lagging (3138 views)
- BREAKING: Firefighters battling house fire in Bluemont (3047 views)
- Langston Blvd McDonald’s makes a second pass at adding another drive-thru lane (3011 views)
- JUST IN: Teen girl sexually assaulted along Columbia Pike (2941 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 10:00 am: Art House 7 Workshop: Drawing the Portrait in Charcoal with Teresa Oaxaca
- 👉 7:30 pm: The Pirates of Penzance
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 1:00 pm: LWV-Arlington and Alexandria Post Legislative Session Review
- 2:00 pm: Tabletop Gaming Afternoon
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 33. Sunrise at 6:27 am and sunset at 6:12 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
After a 2-year search for new digs, Arlington Independent Media is on the cusp of moving from its long-time headquarters in Clarendon.
Former Arlington Commonwealth’s Attorney Theo Stamos is taking a top job in the Virginia Attorney General’s Office. Stamos lost her reelection bid in 2019, defeated in the Democratic primary by…
Sometime next year, three residential streets in Arlington without sidewalks could get upgrades to allow for safer pedestrian and cyclist use. To help address demonstrated safety and access issues on…
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Oversee program operations, including educational and community initiatives.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining trust and accountability.
Develop and execute a strategic vision aligned with our mission and values.
Lead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Board Members.
Cultivate relationships with community partners, schools, educators, and donors.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, fostering a positive organizational culture.
Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and make compelling public presentations.
Promote inclusivity and collaboration throughout the organization.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to