It’s Presidents Day weekend — or George Washington Day weekend, if you’re fancy and in Virginia — which means a three day weekend for many.
Well, not for the staff of ARLnow. Vern and the crew will be working all day Monday. Don’t expect much in terms of news articles, though — we’ll be working on some future stories and new initiatives.
We’ll see you back here Tuesday for a full day of news coverage. In the meantime, here are the most-read local articles of the past five days:
- Furry Convention Coming to Crystal City
- Elizabeth Warren Holding Campaign Event in Arlington
- President Trump Made a Surprise Visit to Arlington Today
- Arlington Reveals ‘No Scooter’ Zones
- Pentagon City Draws More Police Activity
- Arrest Made After Woman Attacked By Man With Knife Near Pentagon City
- Compass Coffee Is Now Open, Plans to Offer Free Coffee Tuesday Morning
- Arlington Firefighters Battle House Fire in Falls Church
- Campaign for Young Arlingtonian Fighting End-Stage Heart Failure Raises Thousands
Feel free to discuss these stories or any other topic of local interest in the comments. Have a great holiday!
Flickr pool photo by Dennis Dimick
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…