It’s Presidents Day weekend — or George Washington Day weekend, if you’re fancy and in Virginia — which means a three day weekend for many.
Well, not for the staff of ARLnow. Vern and the crew will be working all day Monday. Don’t expect much in terms of news articles, though — we’ll be working on some future stories and new initiatives.
We’ll see you back here Tuesday for a full day of news coverage. In the meantime, here are the most-read local articles of the past five days:
- Furry Convention Coming to Crystal City
- Elizabeth Warren Holding Campaign Event in Arlington
- President Trump Made a Surprise Visit to Arlington Today
- Arlington Reveals ‘No Scooter’ Zones
- Pentagon City Draws More Police Activity
- Arrest Made After Woman Attacked By Man With Knife Near Pentagon City
- Compass Coffee Is Now Open, Plans to Offer Free Coffee Tuesday Morning
- Arlington Firefighters Battle House Fire in Falls Church
- Campaign for Young Arlingtonian Fighting End-Stage Heart Failure Raises Thousands
Feel free to discuss these stories or any other topic of local interest in the comments. Have a great holiday!
Flickr pool photo by Dennis Dimick
The police department is not the only county department with staffing reportedly in steep decline. The number of emergency behavioral health clinicians in the Department of Human Services is also…
For those who were up early enough to see it, Mother Nature gave autumn a grand entrance with this morning. The purple-and-pink sunrise, coming on the heels of Monday night’s…
As ARLnow reported, APS unveiled plummeting 2020-2021 SOL test scores just days before the academic year began. Virginia’s Superintendent of Public Instruction concluded that Virginia’s SOLs “tell us… students need to be in the classroom without disruption to learn effectively.”
A rainy night and morning are on tap for Arlington, leading the National Weather Service to issue a Flash Flood Watch. D.C., Alexandria and points north and west are also…