We are now 18 days from Election Day. Let that sink in.
If you’re sick of hearing about the presidential election, however, perhaps a heaping helping of local news will help. Here are the most-read Arlington stories of the past week:
- Postal Inspector Seen Checking Mailboxes Amid Ongoing Complaints About Local Post Office
- ‘Bachelorette’ Contestant from Arlington Gets Rose on First Night
- Colony Grill, Connecticut Mainstay for Pizza, Now Open in Clarendon
- Ask Eli: Housing Market Update, Condo Slide Continues
- Joe’s Place Preparing to Reopen as ‘A Modo Mio’
- Morning Notes (Oct. 12)
- Large Outdoor Cafe Proposed in Clarendon
- Two Arrested in Clarendon Amid Ongoing Spate of Vehicle-Related Crimes
- Ballston Church Seeking Three-Year Extension for Affordable Housing Project
- County Considering Making Office-to-Apartment Conversions Easier
- Rate of New Coronavirus Cases in Arlington Highest Since August
- Del. Lopez to Get Primary Challenger in 2021
Feel free to discuss any of those articles, or anything else of local interest, in the comment section. Have a nice weekend!
The pandemic, now nearly 2.5 years old, has bent time in weird ways. For many, a prolonged period of mostly staying at home — particularly in 2020 — made time…
A man allegedly got mad and drew a gun when an employee at a local car wash asked him to move his vehicle. The incident happened around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday…
(Updated, 8:50 p.m.) The company behind several Arlington bars is launching a membership service that aims to position its portfolio as a casual social club, of sorts. The D.C.-based hospitality…
October is National Arts & Humanities Month and Arts Focus highlights the NAHM 2022 Poster Competition now accepting submissions.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
As the summer winds down, it’s a great time to look forward to a creative fall! Art House 7 has a terrific selection of classes, for preschoolers to adults. Our fall session, starting September 6, offers painting, drawing, sculpture, collage, ceramics (including the wheel) and sewing. We have specialty classes such as Suminagashi, the ancient art of Japanese water marbling.
If you’re looking for a shorter commitment, we also have a full schedule of workshops, Art Nights, and Morning Art Socials. If you haven’t discovered Art House 7, please check us out! We offer classes throughout the year, taught by a range of fantastic teachers. You can buy art supplies next door. We’re near the Lee Harrison shopping center, and free parking is outside our door.
Art House 7
5537 Langston Blvd.Arlington VA 22207
Have you ever considered purchasing a rental property but weren’t sure where to start? This free webinar will go over the basics of how to invest in real estate, how to choose rental properties, and a market overview. Our Director