Arlington seems stuck in a relatively slow news cycle, with few significant breaking stories to speak of over the past few weeks, but that may change next week.
First, we have a County Board meeting next weekend that should keep us busy with coverage. Second, these slow cycles never last for long and we’re due for a big story or two. Third, you’ll be seeing a new byline here over the next couple of weeks, and more staffing allows us to cover more local stories.
Despite being a bit slow, there were still plenty of interesting local stories this week. Below are the most-read articles of the week.
- Police Investigating Bomb Threat in Crystal City
- Pupatella Named One of the Best Pizza Places in Virginia
- Pierogi Joint in Ballston Cooks Up Star Wars-Themed Specials
- Rodents, Mold, Shoddy Maintenance Plague Affordable Apartment Building
- Lower Enrollment Could Help Bail APS Out of $11M+ Deficit
- Police: Erratic, Armed Driver Arrested
- Morning Notes (May 4)
- Pedestrian Walkway Coming to Sidewalk-Less Side of Rosslyn Street
- Arlington’s Vaccination Rate Now Higher Than N. Va. Neighbors
- Coronavirus Cases and Vaccinations Both Down in Arlington
Feel free to discuss those or other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend and, for all the moms out there, happy Mother’s Day!
Tour the small tight-knit community of Dover Crystal in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Learn more about the certificate and graduate programs at the Schar School during the Virtual Open House June 8.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, Arlington. We hope you’re able to get some rest and reflection in after this long week. Once we push past some rain this evening, it’s looking…
The Armed Forces Cycling Classic, a series of races around Clarendon and Crystal City, is set to take place the first weekend of June. The Cycling Classic will be held…