Arlington seems stuck in a relatively slow news cycle, with few significant breaking stories to speak of over the past few weeks, but that may change next week.
First, we have a County Board meeting next weekend that should keep us busy with coverage. Second, these slow cycles never last for long and we’re due for a big story or two. Third, you’ll be seeing a new byline here over the next couple of weeks, and more staffing allows us to cover more local stories.
Despite being a bit slow, there were still plenty of interesting local stories this week. Below are the most-read articles of the week.
- Police Investigating Bomb Threat in Crystal City
- Pupatella Named One of the Best Pizza Places in Virginia
- Pierogi Joint in Ballston Cooks Up Star Wars-Themed Specials
- Rodents, Mold, Shoddy Maintenance Plague Affordable Apartment Building
- Lower Enrollment Could Help Bail APS Out of $11M+ Deficit
- Police: Erratic, Armed Driver Arrested
- Morning Notes (May 4)
- Pedestrian Walkway Coming to Sidewalk-Less Side of Rosslyn Street
- Arlington’s Vaccination Rate Now Higher Than N. Va. Neighbors
- Coronavirus Cases and Vaccinations Both Down in Arlington
Feel free to discuss those or other topics of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend and, for all the moms out there, happy Mother’s Day!