If you see some fresh red paint on the pavement in Arlington, that’s a lane that has been designated for use by buses only.
County crews could be seen painting the new lane markers in Courthouse last week.
The new “bus only priority lanes and stops” are intended “to help improve transit safety, service and reliability,” Arlington Dept. of Environmental Services spokeswoman Kathryn O’Brien tells ARLnow.
Seven red-painted portions of roadway are planned throughout the county, O’Brien said, including:
- 27th Street S. and Potomac Avenue in Crystal City
- 33rd Street S. and Crystal Drive in Crystal City
S. Hayes Street and 12th Street S. in Pentagon City
- Crystal Drive and 26th Street S. in Crystal City
- 15th Street N. and N. Uhle Street in Courthouse
- Clarendon Blvd and N. Uhle Street in Courthouse
- Wilson Blvd and N. Uhle Street in Courthouse
“They should all be completed within the next week,” O’Brien said of the painting effort.
Photo courtesy Lisa C.