Memorial Day weekend is here and the flags are in at Arlington National Cemetery.
ARLnow’s Jay Westcott, himself a veteran, photographed the solemn annual tradition Thursday afternoon. His photos are above.
The most-read Arlington stories of the week, meanwhile, are below.
- Large Fire at Shirlington Apartment Building
- A Man Is Filming Children Wearing Masks and Accusing Parents of ‘Child Abuse’
- Authorities Investigating Reports of Dead and Sick Birds Around Arlington, Region
- ACPD Preparing for Potential Traffic Congestion Due to Motorcycle Rally
- The Salt Line in Ballston Planning for a Summer Opening
- Lilly Pulitzer Store Closes in Clarendon
- For Sale: 140-Year-Old Home Along Columbia Pike
- Only About Two Covid Cases Are Being Reported Per Day in Arlington
- Man Arrested After Jumping on Hood of Car at Red Light in Ballston
- Local Affordable Housing CEO Retires
- Mary Kadera Captures Democratic School Board Endorsement
- Arlington’s Coronavirus Case Count Is Going Backwards
- Morning Poll: Cicadas vs. Expectations
- New Pizza Option Appears to Be Coming to Rosslyn
Feel free to discuss those articles or anything else of local interest — like the lifting of Virginia’s remaining coronavirus distancing and capacity restrictions, or the president’s visit to Alexandria today (the second in as many months) — in the comments.
REMINDER: Effective at 12:01 AM on Friday, all distancing and capacity restrictions are lifted in Virginia.
— Governor Ralph Northam (@GovernorVA) May 27, 2021
Have a nice holiday weekend, Arlington! We’ll see you on Tuesday.