Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 19075 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Mar 3, 2023.
- Furry convention returns to Crystal City next week
- NEW: Gun store robbed in Clarendon
- Arlington County sues civic association and residents over attempt to block bus parking
- BREAKING: Second phase of Amazon’s HQ2 delayed, county ‘not surprised’ but optimistic
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- The Lot in Clarendon begins its long goodbye with big events before redevelopment begins (13025 views)
- To fight flooding, Arlington is offering to buy homes in Cherrydale and Waverly Hills (12173 views)
- JUST IN: Police on scene of near-fatal teen overdose in Ballston (11625 views)
- Corner Bakery closes in Courthouse after company declares bankruptcy (7651 views)
- Police: Man shot himself at hotel, tried to make it look like a robbery (6345 views)
- The new Shirlington Jeni’s Ice Cream is giving away free ice cream next week (5776 views)
- Arlington police investigating weekend carjacking near Courthouse (5148 views)
- Furry convention returns to Crystal City next week (4763 views)
- NEW: Gun store robbed in Clarendon (4148 views)
- NEW: Police investigating possible shot fired in Westover (4131 views)
- Arlington County sues civic association and residents over attempt to block bus parking (4110 views)
- Mail delivery issues continue to plague 22204 zip code, but relief may be the horizon (3889 views)
- BREAKING: Second phase of Amazon’s HQ2 delayed, per reports (3085 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 10:00 am: Arlington Library Shop Open House
- 7:30 pm: The Comedy Karaoke Trivia Funtime Show with Kasha Patel
- 10:00 pm: UFC285 at Bronson Bierhall
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 1:50 pm: What Makes a Winner Scout Workshop
- 4:00 pm: Arlington Philharmonic Concert
- 👉 6:00 pm: Tuscan Wine Dinner
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 60 and low of 37. Sunrise at 6:38 am and sunset at 6:05 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“The sun is shining bright, the sky a perfect clear.” (From Emily Bronte’s “A Day Dream”)
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Enjoy some tasty bites while networking at BizArt at WHINO on December 11!
The Arlington Chorale is gearing up to bring a long-lost musical piece to life at its holiday concert next Saturday in Westover. The community choir plans to perform familiar Christmas…
Plans to redevelop the Goodwill near Route 50 — with affordable housing, childcare and a new store and donation center — have received a relatively warm reception, per a recent…
This month’s Mike Mount creation is more of a graphic than a cartoon. People in Arlington, like people in many communities, enjoy complaining about certain things. Now imagine a house in…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.