Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 8149 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — May 26, 2023.
- UPDATED: Man with rifle stolen from police car arrested at Pentagon City mall
- Police: Man with guns arrested after trying to evade fare at Metro station
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Arlington ranks as 10th priciest rental market in U.S. (8033 views)
- Demolition comes for the Americana Hotel in Crystal City (6609 views)
- NEW: Driver charged with DUI manslaughter after woman struck and killed (6329 views)
- ACPD: Twenty-five vehicles damaged during recent theft sprees (5944 views)
- Redevelopment plans for Columbia Pike strip mall stall after grocery tenant pulls out (5601 views)
- Police: Armed, drunk men arrested in Clarendon and Ballston over weekend (4562 views)
- Goodwill and AHC propose new affordable housing, new store and child care (4321 views)
- Arlington resident to compete on Jeopardy! this week (4298 views)
- UPDATED: Man with rifle stolen from police car arrested at Pentagon City mall (4385 views)
- Rolling Thunder will rumble back into Arlington this weekend (3611 views)
- Arlington man arrested after attacking employees at hospital (3062 views)
- Joe’s had its place, but A Modo Mio is the way forward (2781 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 2:00 pm: Artist Talk: Adam Henry
- 👉 7:30 pm: Marvelous European Masters – National Chamber Ensemble
- 7:30 pm: Marvelous European Masters – National Chamber Ensemble
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
☀️ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. East wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. At night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. East wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.”
– Helen Keller
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5266 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A water rescue operation is underway along Four Mile Run after reports of a drunk man falling down an embankment. The incident happened shortly before 4 p.m. behind the Virginia…
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
In honor of the one-month anniversary of this article, we give you a new Mike Mount cartoon. In case you don’t get the reference, it also riffs on some of…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,