Good Thursday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Jul 27, 2023.
- 9:30 am: Report: Arlington has tenth-highest rent in the U.S. | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:30 am: YMCA may ditch tennis courts in Virginia Square redevelopment project | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: County solicits feedback on 10-year plan to improve ART bus service | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: ACFD on scene of small fire at Lost Dog Cafe in Westover | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:30 pm: Excessive Heat Warning issued ahead of scorching Friday | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: Police investigating series of car thefts in N. Arlington | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:40 pm: Arlington under Severe Thunderstorm Watch tonight | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:55 pm: Arlington advises residents to avoid Four Mile Run after ‘dumping incident’ | 🗣️ Comments
- 4:45 pm: Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Arlington (June 2023) | 🗣️ Comments
- 5:55 pm: JUST IN: Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for parts of Arlington | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Friday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 5:00 pm: Free Ballad Brewing Tasting at The Brew Shop
- 👉 6:00 pm: 50 First Dates x The Renegade: Speed Dating
- 7:30 pm: Free Summer Movie Series in June at Westpost
⛈️ Friday’s forecast
There will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm, with mostly sunny, hot conditions and a high near 99. The heat index could reach 106, with a southwest wind of 5 to 8 mph. Precipitation chances are 40% during the day and increase to 50% on Friday night, with storms mainly before 9pm. The night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 76 and a southwest wind of 6 to 8 mph. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“Living is Easy with Eyes Closed.”
– John Lennon
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
There’s no official word on its website, but it looks like Bar Ivy in Clarendon has closed permanently. The “West Coast-inspired” restaurant at 3033 Wilson Blvd, noted for its expansive…
There’s persistence, and then there is Audrey Clement and her decade-plus effort to get elected to local office in Arlington. Clement talked with ARLnow editor Scott Brodbeck to talk about…
Makers Union, an upscale gastropub, is set to open its doors in Pentagon City next week, says Alex Brown, the restaurant’s director of operations. This opening marks the third Makers Union location in the D.C. Metropolitan area, following the debut of its Reston location three years ago and a recent opening at the Wharf in early October.
Two Arlington County Sheriff’s Office deputies prevented a near-fatal opioid overdose in the lobby of the county courthouse yesterday morning. The individual, a member of the public and not an…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.