The first week of December was a busy one in Arlington, complete with lots of news, as well as a bevy of holiday and winter events — including the tree lighting ceremony in Shirlington last night, pictured above.
This weekend will bring more events, including a holiday extravaganza in Ballston on Saturday. The weather will be cold, but dry, on Saturday and Sunday for those heading to any events, stringing up lights, or picking up a Christmas tree.
Here are the most-read articles on ARLnow this past week:
- Arlington Named ‘America’s Most Handsome City’
- Bob and Edith’s Plotting Nationwide Expansion
- Metro Envisions New Rosslyn Station, Silver Line Down Columbia Pike
- State Police: Six Highway Workers Injured in I-66 DUI Crash
- State Police Investigating Fatal Crash on I-395
- Arlington PTA Leaders Speak Out Against Proposed Elementary School Changes
- Police Investigating Stabbing Near Ballston Metro Station
- ACPD Investigating Sexual Assault Near Ballston
- Morning Poll: Should Renters Have Less of a Say Than Homeowners?
Feel free to discuss any of those stories, your weekend plans, or any other topic of local interest in the comments. Have a nice weekend!
The past, present, and future of Columbia Pike is rather easy to see.
For those venturing back to the mall for the first time in awhile, the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City might look a little different than you remember, thanks to some recent…
A renovated 4 BD/4 BA North Arlington home with a flexible and open floor plan and a private backyard lands in this weekend’s Open Houses.
The number of sworn police officers on the streets in Arlington has dipped below 300 amid retirements and officers leaving for more lucrative positions, including at Amazon’s HQ2. Multiple sources within…