Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Dec 19, 2023.
- 9:30 am: ACPD: Juvenile armed with screwdriver arrested for carjacking | 🗣️ Comments
- 10:30 am: W-L student prompts police investigation after allegedly using a device to turn off nearby iPhones | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: Lyft offering free rides from now until New Year’s Day courtesy of SoberRide | 🗣️ Comments
- 1:30 pm: New Panera to open in Ballston this week and its first customers will get free meals for a year | 🗣️ Comments
- 2:40 pm: Police: Man kicks officers after breaking into woman’s apartment in Ballston | 🗣️ Comments
- 3:30 pm: County inks funding agreement with Arlington Independent Media amid staff furloughs | 🗣️ Comments
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Wednesday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Free Memory Screening
- 12:00 pm: MoCA on the Move: Handcrafted Holidays – free, drop-in art making!
- 7:30 pm: ‘Whispers of the Solstice’ by 9th Street Quartet and Lifescape Visionary
☀️ Wednesday’s forecast
Expect sunny skies and a high of around 46, accompanied by a northwest breeze of 5-7 mph. As night falls, the skies will remain mostly clear, and temperatures will drop to around 31 degrees. A calm wind will gradually pick up, becoming a northwest 6 mph wind after midnight. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
– Benjamin Franklin
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
Thanks for reading! Feel free to discuss the day’s happenings in the comments.
Take a tour of the Courthouse neighborhood and explore two local favorites of Sallie Seiy, your guide in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
The Arlington County Board and the Human Rights Commission are at odds over whether commissioners had the right to request an investigation into possible human and civil rights violations at…
Expanded renovated 4 BR 3 bath with garage in Cardinal Swanson Yorktown pyramid
The Potomac Roasting Company is a local micro-roaster specializing in artisan coffee. We precision roast high-quality specialty beans sourced from small farms in Latin America that are owned and operated by women. Your coffee will be roasted the way you want it and delivered fresh.
As two former Peace Corps volunteers who served in Guatemala, we founded Potomac Roasting to pursue our passion for great coffee and purpose-driven work. In addition to ethically sourcing our beans, we also donate a portion of our profits to Laila’s Legacy Animal Rescue, a DC-based nonprofit that finds homes for homeless dogs and cats.
Our current roasts come from prime coffee-producing regions of Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru. We will be adding new roasts soon. If you are local, there’s a good chance we can deliver to your door. Look for us at local farmers’ markets beginning this spring. In the meantime, check us out now for better coffee and good karma in a cup. You can use the code Community and save 10%.
🎉 Tonight, we invite you to the French Riviera, one of the most exciting places on earth – without ever boarding a plane! And celebrate Mardi Gras and the Carnival of Nice on French soil as we welcome you to a special evening at the Embassy of France!
From the elegance of classical French culture to the most celebrated Rivera nightlife of the 21st Century, experience a special evening of fantastic French food, wine, music, and ambiance.
Enjoy the flavors of Nice, Monaco, and St. Tropez in the beautiful and festive Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
🍽️ On the Menu: Delicious French food
Cody Chance and Dick Nathan of Long & Foster are hosting a free workshop on the topic of “down-sizing” at their office on Cherry Hill Rd. (formerly Lee Highway) in Arlington on Thursday, February 29 from 5:30PM-7:00PM.
Every great endeavor