Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar.
🕗 News recap
The following articles were published earlier today — Dec 22, 2023.
- 9:30 am: County inks contract for oversight of Crystal City Metro second entrance project | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: Cartoon: “The Arlington nail-filled tire. The perfect holiday gift with so many uses.” | 🗣️ Comments
- 11:30 am: Podcast: Bridges to Independence CEO on rising youth homelessness in Arlington | 🗣️ Comments
- 12:30 pm: Merry Christmas from ARLnow | 🗣️ Comments
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Arlington’s Pupatella recognized as one of the world’s best pizza chains (27097 views)
- Orvis at The Crossing announces closing sale and eyes potential reopening (15929 views)
- A Yorktown alum sold his first startup before he had a diploma. Now he’s onto the next venture. (12059 views)
- New Panera to open in Ballston this week and its first customers will get free meals for a year (10469 views)
- Two apprehended after reported robbery in Clarendon Metro (10218 views)
- W-L student prompts police investigation after allegedly using a device to turn off nearby iPhones (6967 views)
- County ratifies financing plan for Barcroft Apartments redevelopment despite push from advocates for deeper affordability (6362 views)
- Police: Man kicks officers after breaking into woman’s apartment in Ballston (6332 views)
- Photos: Possible albino squirrel sighting in Arlington (6238 views)
- JUST IN: Flood Warning issued for Arlington (5773 views)
- Part of GW Parkway will close for winter weather, NPS warns (5309 views)
- Ask Eli: Will new Capitals/Wizards stadium increase home values? (4194 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 4:30 pm: Service of Lessons & Carols
🌥️ Saturday’s forecast
Expect a mostly cloudy day with a high of 48, accompanied by a calm wind that shifts to the south at around 6 mph in the morning. For Saturday night, there is a slight chance of showers after 1am, with temperatures dipping to a low of 38. A southeast wind of around 5 mph will become calm after midnight, and there is a 20% chance of precipitation. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Quote of the Day
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
– Albert Schweitzer
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Take a tour of the Courthouse neighborhood and explore two local favorites of Sallie Seiy, your guide in the latest Neighborhood Spotlight.
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
The Arlington County Board and the Human Rights Commission are at odds over whether commissioners had the right to request an investigation into possible human and civil rights violations at…
Expanded renovated 4 BR 3 bath with garage in Cardinal Swanson Yorktown pyramid
The Potomac Roasting Company is a local micro-roaster specializing in artisan coffee. We precision roast high-quality specialty beans sourced from small farms in Latin America that are owned and operated by women. Your coffee will be roasted the way you want it and delivered fresh.
As two former Peace Corps volunteers who served in Guatemala, we founded Potomac Roasting to pursue our passion for great coffee and purpose-driven work. In addition to ethically sourcing our beans, we also donate a portion of our profits to Laila’s Legacy Animal Rescue, a DC-based nonprofit that finds homes for homeless dogs and cats.
Our current roasts come from prime coffee-producing regions of Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Peru. We will be adding new roasts soon. If you are local, there’s a good chance we can deliver to your door. Look for us at local farmers’ markets beginning this spring. In the meantime, check us out now for better coffee and good karma in a cup. You can use the code Community and save 10%.
🎉 Tonight, we invite you to the French Riviera, one of the most exciting places on earth – without ever boarding a plane! And celebrate Mardi Gras and the Carnival of Nice on French soil as we welcome you to a special evening at the Embassy of France!
From the elegance of classical French culture to the most celebrated Rivera nightlife of the 21st Century, experience a special evening of fantastic French food, wine, music, and ambiance.
Enjoy the flavors of Nice, Monaco, and St. Tropez in the beautiful and festive Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
🍽️ On the Menu: Delicious French food
Cody Chance and Dick Nathan of Long & Foster are hosting a free workshop on the topic of “down-sizing” at their office on Cherry Hill Rd. (formerly Lee Highway) in Arlington on Thursday, February 29 from 5:30PM-7:00PM.
Every great endeavor