Even though the bulk of the action was across the river, it was still an eventful week in Arlington.
There’s a new presidential administration and a new balance of power Congress. In one sense, local life in Arlington continues with few visible changes when the political balance of power shifts on the other side of the Potomac. On the other hand, federal policies do have a tangible local impact, and a change in administration often means changes in the job titles of local residents.
Here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week:
- Four Bridges Connecting Va. to D.C. Will Be Closed Starting Tuesday (Jan. 15)
- Police Release Surveillance Video of ‘Person of Interest’ in Ballston Murder (Jan. 15)
- Arlington’s Yene Damtew Styled Michelle Obama’s Hair, Stole Spotlight at Inauguration
- Highlander Motel is Now Closed, Will Be Torn Down For a CVS in March
- New VRE Station Could Bring Amtrak to Crystal City in 2024
- Rents Have Dropped By Nearly 15% in Arlington Since March
- Cosi Closes in Rosslyn, Starbucks Closing Soon
- County Defends Vaccine Rollout, Amid More APS Employee Complaints (Jan. 15)
- Arlington Residential Property Values Soar (Jan. 15)
Feel free to discuss those, or other topics of local interest, in the comments. Have a nice weekend!