Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 18925 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Apr 7, 2023.
- Three Arlington neighborhoods rank high in ‘Best Places to Live in America’ list
- Parking dispute leads to gun brandishing along Wilson Blvd
- Coco B’s, Carbonara, and Tawle looking to open in coming months
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Broyhill mansion demolition kicks off with owners fending off vigilante neighborhood preservationists (20405 views)
- Large power outage reported in Falls Church and parts of Arlington (20098 views)
- Three Arlington neighborhoods rank high in ‘Best Places to Live in America’ list (16402 views)
- D.C. murder victim was a Yorktown High School alum and Arlington native (12818 views)
- JUST IN: Police trying to identify suspect in Va. Square break-in and sexual assault (10489 views)
- NEW: Police investigating bank robbery on Columbia Pike (9286 views)
- An Easter egg hunt for adults is coming to Ballston this weekend courtesy of Quincy Hall (6878 views)
- Arlington Public Schools promotes Gunston, Wakefield principals to new posts (5214 views)
- Four Courts announces August reopening, reveals new front facade (5126 views)
- In Arlington’s ‘townhouse districts,’ only single-family homes can be built by-right (4892 views)
- Ancestors of Robert E. Lee and local enslaved people to hold reunion in Arlington (4702 views)
- JUST IN: Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued for Arlington (3892 views)
- Former Rosslyn coffee shop owner sentenced to prison in credit card fraud scheme (3441 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt at Cherrydale United Methodist Church
- 11:00 am: Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- 7:30 pm: The Comedy Karaoke Trivia Funtime Show with Griefcat
- 👉 8:00 pm: Singin’ in the Rain
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 9:00 am: Easter Services
- 10:30 am: Easter Brunch
- 11:00 am: Easter Church Service at Cherrydale United Methodist Church
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Light rain. Overcast. Cool. High of 52 and low of 0. Sunrise at 6:42 am and sunset at 7:38 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
Success is not only measured in grandiose triumphs but quintessentially lived through cherishing the footsteps of incremental progress along its endless journey.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Last week ARLnow received an interesting reader email. The writer’s suggestion: we should beautify Arlington County by encouraging those with inflatable holiday decorations to keep them inflated at all times,…
Palestine Rally in Pentagon City — On Saturday afternoon: “Palestine rally at S. Hayes + Army Navy Drive in Pentagon City. Expect delays.” [Twitter, Twitter, Twitter] VHC Details New Facility…
A woman was shot this afternoon in the Green Valley neighborhood. The shooting happened around 1 p.m., reportedly near the intersection of S. Kemper Road and S. Oxford Street. Photos…
It’s going to be a rainy Sunday. A very rainy Sunday. A Flood Watch for much of the D.C. area was issued Friday night, ahead of the storm. Forecasters say…
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Oversee program operations, including educational and community initiatives.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining trust and accountability.
Develop and execute a strategic vision aligned with our mission and values.
Lead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Board Members.
Cultivate relationships with community partners, schools, educators, and donors.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, fostering a positive organizational culture.
Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and make compelling public presentations.
Promote inclusivity and collaboration throughout the organization.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
Standup Comedy Starring Casey James Salengo (Comedy Central, Jimmy Kimmel Live)
Friday, December 29
Headliner: Casey James Salengo
Casey James Salengo is a NYC-based comedian who’s been featured on Comedy Central Presents, Jimmy Kimmel Live, This Week at the Cellar,
Menorah Lighting – Met Park at Amazon HQ2
Menorah Lighting and Community Celebration
Experience the festival of lights!!
*Lighting of a giant 9-foot Menorah