Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 14000 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
Since it’s Friday, we’ve compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Climate protesters block GW Parkway (7779 views)
- Student says he was threatened with a knife in a middle school bathroom (7656 views)
- Morning Poll: Is Ballston nice? (7132 views)
- ACPD: Armed man who threatened bar bouncer arrested at gunpoint in Clarendon (6606 views)
- The Arlington Festival of the Arts returns to Clarendon this weekend, with road closures (6068 views)
- Fairfax County case may give stronger footing to residents suing Arlington over Missing Middle (5770 views)
- Bagel bummer: Bruegger’s brusquely bids Ballston bye-bye (4756 views)
- Workplace dispute leads to stabbing at Arlington hotel (4410 views)
- Rollover crash closes Route 50 during evening rush hour (4138 views)
- JUST IN: Arlington man charged with killing infant (3582 views)
- Makers Union appears to be coming to Amazon HQ2 (3232 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 9:00 am: Yard Sale Arlington Heights
- 11:00 am: Live In Arlington Information Fair – LAIF
- 11:00 am: Rosslyn Eco Market
- 👉 11:00 am: Live In Arlington Information Fair – LAIF
- 11:00 am: Independent Bookstore Day Celebration
- 2:00 pm: Artist Talk: Adam Henry
- 2:00 pm: Roll Away Your Tension Workshop
- 5:00 pm: Columbia Pike Artist Studios Studios and Exhibition
- 6:00 pm: “Whistle Down the Wind”
- 7:00 pm: Saturday Night Live Jazz with Stickman Band
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 8:00 am: AIM Summer Journalism Internship (Application Deadline April 30th)
- 9:30 am: 25th Annual “Britain on the Green” all British Classic Car Show
- 10:00 am: Sunday Barefoot Boogie
- 10:00 am: Spring Celebration and Plant Sale
- 10:00 am: 9th Annual Arlington Festival of the Arts
- 10:00 am: Ceramics: Throwing & Hand Building (Ages 18+)
- 11:30 am: Crescent Circus Magic Show
- 1:00 pm: Arlington Democratic Primary Candidate Meet & Greet
- 1:15 pm: NonPartisan Candidate Forum for Arlington Primary
- 1:15 pm: LWV-Arlington/Alexandria June Primary Election Candidate Forum
- 1:50 pm: Flip the Script Scout Workshop
- 4:00 pm: Celebrate Cherry Blossom Season at the Pink in the Park Festival!
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Passing showers. Overcast. Mild. High of 67 and low of 56. Sunrise at 6:13 am and sunset at 7:58 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Haiku of the Day
Rustling through trees
Fleeting glimpses, life observed
Life of a squirrel
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
In a bid to improve accountability, the Arlington County Fire Department is looking to put its mission and priorities in writing with its first-ever strategic plan. The plan is designed…
Under the direction of Music Director James Ross, Alexandria Symphony Orchestra presents a holiday program “Holiday With A Twist.” Enjoy this celebration of the season with traditional fare mixed with…
The Ballston “singing tree” is set to return for the holiday season. Starting next week, the sparkling, voice-activated Christmas tree near the Ballston Metro station will brighten the neighborhood with…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.