Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 10047 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Apr 14, 2023.
- A local pickleball group wants to become a really big dill
- Huge ‘athletic country club,’ spa, cafe and coworking space sets opening date in Clarendon
- Police investigating shots fired near Barcroft Park last night
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- BREAKING: Police surround Wells Fargo in Clarendon after robbery (63416 views)
- Here’s how much you need to make to be considered middle class in Arlington (41565 views)
- Family of Braylon Meade says justice was not served in deadly drunk driving incident (14759 views)
- A new park with an enclosed play area for kids has opened in Clarendon (7316 views)
- Police investigating break-in and sexual battery in Courthouse apartment building (5039 views)
- Chase the Submarine now open inside of Pentagon City’s “cube” (4522 views)
- Freeze Warning issued for Arlington (4521 views)
- NEW: Pedestrian struck by driver in front of Ballston Quarter (3884 views)
- Suspects arrested after weekend carjacking near Crystal City (2908 views)
- A local pickleball group wants to become a really big dill (2839 views)
- D.C. Attorney General responds to Virginia AG’s scathing letter (2760 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 10:00 am: AH7 Earth Day Celebration – A Week Early: Recycled Sculpture Family Activity
- 10:00 am: Spring Artful Weekend at Fort C.F. Smith park
- 10:00 am: WalkArlington Presents Walking Palooza
- 11:30 am: FREE Until Help Arrives Training
- 11:30 am: Arlington Fair Housing Conference
- 1:00 pm: Threading History: Wool, Fax, and Coton in Colonial Times
- 1:30 pm: Artist Talk: Asa Jackson
- 3:00 pm: Free Beginner Sewing Class for Refugees
Here are the events planned for Sunday:
☔ Saturday’s forecast
Thundershowers. Cloudy. Mild. High of 75 and low of 62. Sunrise at 6:32 am and sunset at 7:45 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Haiku of the Day
An old silent pond
A frog jumps into the pond–
Splash! Silence again.
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Tuesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
In a bid to improve accountability, the Arlington County Fire Department is looking to put its mission and priorities in writing with its first-ever strategic plan. The plan is designed…
Under the direction of Music Director James Ross, Alexandria Symphony Orchestra presents a holiday program “Holiday With A Twist.” Enjoy this celebration of the season with traditional fare mixed with…
The Ballston “singing tree” is set to return for the holiday season. Starting next week, the sparkling, voice-activated Christmas tree near the Ballston Metro station will brighten the neighborhood with…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.